Friday, December 4, 2009

While We Wait

Currently I am waiting on a couple friends to read and help polish the post I've been promising. This is a very big event for me where my blog is concerned and I want it to be perfect, so please bare with me another day while I wait for them to look at the post and get back to me. It will be posted by tomorrow night - I promise.

In the meantime I have been thinking about what I want out of this blog - where I want to go with it, etc. I thought I would go ahead and lay that out for you, my readers (hello, all 2 of you! HA!) so that we are all on the same page.

First of all, I share my stories and my concerns here in hopes of finding some community. I hope to find people that I can relate to and that can relate back to me. I would like to form friendships.

I also want to share my stories to hopefully help people who are in the kinds of crap situations I've been in. My life has not always been sunshine and rainbows (as you will find out by tomorrow's post - Man oh man will you find out.) and I know from experience that hearing others stories, stories of people who have been there and come out the other side can offer immense amounts of hope. It is important for me to share these stories, despite what judgment they might draw, because I want you to know who I am and where I've come from. And remembering what I've done and what I've been through is a great way to make me thankful for what I have and where I am now.

When I was in high school I spent a lot of time writing. Last fall when I returned to school for the first time in 7 years I had the hardest time coming up with material for my comp class because I was out of practice. Another thing I hope to accomplish is polishing my writing abilities by practice practice practice.

More than anything, I do this for self improvement. I have something to look back on and see a timeline of where I've been and where I am going. I hope to never stagnate, to never become complacent, and by writing and reading these accounts, these snippets of my life I am hoping to maintain the momentum I've gained in moving in the right direction.

As for you, what would you like from me? Is there anything I can be doing differently to make your experience here more enjoyable? More educational? More relatable? (Yeah, apparently "relatable" is not a word. Thanks for the heads up there, spell check.) Let me know what you think of me and my blog, if you so choose. I appreciate it!

1 comment:

Our Sentiments said...

Hello Erin,

I still can't wait to read your post for tomorrow. I have not posted anything tonight I was busy switching from wordpress to Blogspot. I can customize better here.

I have just been coming here recently so what I have seen I can relate too!

Post a Comment