Monday, November 2, 2009

Redesign

I don't know about you guys, but I'm growing a little bored of my generic Blogger template. I mean, it's pretty, but I feel like I could find something that is a little more me. Currently I am looking at a few different places that give you codes and/or downloads for your page, but I'm just not finding anything that fits. I suppose it would be a good idea if I had any idea what kind of a theme I want to use.

I started out looking at kind of a coffee-type theme. My thing is, though, that I would rather have a coffee SHOP-type theme because I don't really drink a lot of coffee. I'm more of a Chai kind of girl. I love coffee shops though... The atmosphere just kind of gets to me. But all the templates I find are just coffee cups or coffee beans which just isn't what I am looking for.

Then I began looking at a few different generic pages and all I found were anime themes. Don't get me wrong here - I like anime (Princess Mononoke is one of my FAVORITE movies ever!) but I really don't relate my personality with anime.

I started out doing this on a whim, but when it really comes down to it I want this blog to convey my personality in all aspects, not just through my writing. This is an important task to take on and it might just be something that I will need to invest more than just time into if I want it done just right.

Over the next month, I am hoping to make lots of changes here. I am hoping that by writing a new post every day that I will improve my writing, but more than that improve my ability to draw inspiration from more areas. Of course I love writing about myself and my family, but I would love to be able to write about other things on a regular basis as well. Currently, I have a hard time with that.

I hope to find a new template soon and I'm making a goal to have everything set by the end of the month (unless I have to spend money on it - in which case my goal is the end of the year). I might try out a few before the end of the month. If you like what you see, please let me know!

What changes, if any, would you like to see? Have you ever done a redesign? What changes were for the best? Any you regret?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about searching for team room or bookstore?

angelarenai said...

Its seems that since your blog is mostly dedicated to your family and that much of your blogging is about being a mom, it seems like family related themes would serve you well. maybe a lighter pink than what you currently have, because it would give you more contrast and would be easier to read. or primary colors in general could be fun. with playful type on the headline. (dafont.com has great free typefaces).

if you are wanting to expand and write on several subejects. You could just find a photo that you really love and want to draw inspiration from, and pick colors from the photo as your accent colors. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__QdAFM8YgTg/SmSUp3d_bwI/AAAAAAAAADg/Jutxs5w2170/s400/coffee+shop.jpg
for instance if you were to use this image, you could use a very light version of that green in the background, use the espresso colored curtains as the color of your type, and use red or black as the color of your links.

sorry for getting so wordy on this. i love redesigns.

Erin said...

Thanks so much for the feedback! I was hoping I would hear from you on this - I knew you'd have good input.

The look of my blog will likely change quite a bit over the next month - possibly a few times. I am considering having a specific template designed for me, so we'll see what happens!

Thanks again for checking it out!

Post a Comment