Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Fit



I don't know about you, but I like pictures that aren't always smiles and giggles and happiness and rainbows. Don't get me wrong - I like those pictures too, but I really enjoy seeing photos that convey sincere emotion, that really pull you into the scene and draw a mirrored emotion out of you. It's hard to do that with a group of people smushed together saying, "Cheese!"

I don't spend a lot of time with a camera in my hands, but when I do find the time to snap some shots, I do just that, in what some might call an over-abundance. I'm not a great photographer, but I've found that the more pictures you take, the more likely you are to come up with some good shots.

Today I was sitting in my living room messing around with my new iPod Touch. I was looking at the Histamatic photo application that I downloaded a couple of days ago, when Kairi approached me crying. I went ahead and snapped a couple of shots before consoling her. (Gracie had kept a toy from her - she wasn't hurt, just bummed. Just to clear that up.)

These are what I came up with. I think they turned out pretty good, for me at least. What unexpected moments do you find yourself capturing? Any good ones?