Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You Know Who You Are (And So Do I)

So, I've had a lot going on lately. More than I feel even remotely comfortable sharing publicly, so just know that in ways things have been tough, but we're making it and probably better for it.

Rather than the scheduled post (that, I'm sorry to say, has been delayed) I have a few things to say. If you don't know what's been going on in my life recently, I'm incredibly sorry - because this is going to sound cryptic as all get out. But it has to be said, and if it's said face to face, I will come unglued. I have no idea if the intended audience will be reading, but although this is specifically to someone, I'm writing it more for my benefit than theirs.

So - to the people who brought about the recent changes in my life (you know who you are - AND SO DO I):

I realize that you think you were helping - and I appreciate the thought behind your efforts. However, the method you chose was NOT appropriate. Meddling is usually not a good idea. I would tell you that if you ever have a problem with me in the future to bring it to me personally, but at this point in time, I want nothing to do with you. Ever again. If you see me on the street, in the store, at any gatherings, wherever, we are all probably going to be better off if you pretend that we don't know one another. I want nothing to do with you and I honestly don't know if I will be able to control my anger if confronted with you speaking to me.

You really have NO idea the damage you potentially could have caused. All in your self-righteous method of "help." I'm not trying to be dramatic here, but you almost devastated several people and permanently disrupted several lives. Your method of help was backhanded and conniving. Not helpful. Sure, the results that I am sure - or at least hopeful - you were looking for came about, things could have gone drastically differently and would not have been good for anyone involved.

A couple things I will repeat one more time: I really mean this - Don't talk to me. I want nothing to do with you. If you want to help someone, offer help. Or at least talk to them about it. Don't meddle. ESPECIALLY considering the way that you have lived your life in the fairly recent past (well, one of you at least.) Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

To the friends and family I have that don't know what this is about - I REALLY don't want to talk about this. As of the end of this post, I want to just forget about all of these problems and move on. I realize this post is probably just an invitation for questions from you, but I don't want them. The important facts are that we are all fine, we are all going to be fine, and that the problems are all in the past - especially if these people pay heed to my words and stay the hell away from me.

I'm sorry to those I am close to that I haven't talked to you about these problems. But beyond my message to the people causing them is really all that needs to be said about it.

So now that that's over with, let's all not worry about it anymore.