Friday, December 24, 2010

What I'm Listening To: Bluegrass and Folk

Lately, I've been finding my musical tastes reverting back to those of my childhood, but a little more sophisticated (or at least I'd like to think so). As a kid I listened to a lot of country music, and while I'm not taking a full swing back to country, bluegrass and folk music is creeping its way back into my life.

It started with Lauren O'Connell...



...and My Terrible Friend...




...and has moved onto a band that I am completely and utterly obsessed with right now: Mumford and Sons.


(Caution - this video contains the F-Bomb. I personally don't mind it, but you might.)

Seriously. These guys are amazing. I downloaded their cd then went out and bought it and have been jamming out to it for the last week.



This song is among my favorites on the cd. It starts out small and quiet and slowly builds and builds and becomes just.... ah... I can't even describe it. I love it. Crank it when you listen to it. I get shivers when I hear it.

So - what kind of music are you guys into these days?  Leave me some links in the comments. I love most every type of music, so don't be afraid I won't like it. I probably will.

Update on comment problems: I am able to moderate my comments now but I am working on removing IntenseDebate from my page. I will be changing to a different moderation site soon, hopefully.