Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh No He Didn't Tuesday: Rain Check/Advice Needed

My friend Kristi over at Live and Love... Out Loud has just started a blog carnival. It's called "Oh No He DIDN'T Tuesday." I had a wonderful post written for today, the FIRST day of the carnival - but the situation has changed (even if only slightly) and thus invalidated my entire post.

While that's not a great thing for the carnival (I REALLY wanted to participate) it IS a good thing for my family.

So, with regrets, I am not able to participate in the carnival. I'm sure I could think of something to write in here but it would be just a generic rant that I've gone over a thousand times before and I'd like to offer something more than that.

I totally think you should go check out Kristi's post though, and follow the links to the rest of the participants. Kristi's post literally made me say "Oh no he DIDN'T." ...Yes, literally. I spoke it out loud. And I don't really say that. But... Damn. Really. Go see for yourself.

I will try to come up with something a little less generic to post than my usual "Ugh. He slept until 2 and didn't help with the kids!" for next week - but in the meantime, I could use some help.

I know I've posted on this before, but it's really becoming a problem. Gracie's behavior is getting worse. Generally speaking she's a really good kid, but she's becoming incredibly defiant. She's been REFUSING to obey me. Yesterday I got up to make her something to snack on and when I came back, she was in my chair. I asked her kindly to get up so I could sit back down and she refused. To the point that she went rigid and I had to PICK HER UP and move her.

That's the least of it. She refuses to get up in the morning and then throws horrendous fits of rage when I make her wake up. It's to the point that I have to get up 30 minutes earlier than I normally do in order to coerce her out of bed so she doesn't start the day badly. But even that doesn't work. I still end up having to pick her up out of bed and set her on her feet to make her wake up. (I've tried earlier bed times, etc too - I think it's just a behavioral thing.)

I don't know what to do. I've tried time outs, time ins, spanking (which I don't do anymore), groundings... I'm to the point that when she disobeys me, I just want to make her go to bed. Whether it's 3 in the afternoon or not.

What can I do? Any suggestions?