I know the Acadamy Awards and all that are all over... but is it still considered awards season? I hope so - because I got one! My good bloggy friend Kim over at Beautiful Wreck gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award.
Edit: I just checked my comments on another post, and another friend has given me the same award. So here's a thank you to Michelle at La Vita e bella for the award too. I am honored by both of you.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (Kim - You rock, darling.)
2. Copy the award and place in on my blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated me. (See link above - although she's switching domains soon, so keep an eye on my blogroll.)
4. Share 7 interesting things about yourself.
5. Nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers.
7 Interesting Things About Me
1. When I was a kid I used to memorize commercial jingles. It wasn't ever anything I did on purpose - I just had a good memory for jingles. I still remember quite a bit of them - including, but not limited to Alka Seltzer, Fritos, Dum Dums suckers, and Mr. Clean.
2. I quit smoking cigarettes in April of '08. While it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, I did turn into an uber-bitch for a couple months. I even called out a 300 lb prison inmate (he was on work release at my place of employment) to a fist fight. He didn't want to fight, but I sure as hell did. One of these days, I might post that story.
3. I'm only 3 degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.
4. I really enjoy movie soundtracks, particularly those that are scored rather than just a group of artists random songs thrown together. I listen to the Finding Nemo soundtrack when I'm really, REALLY stressed out and need to calm down *right the eff now*
5. I have a really big ego in a really weird way. I often feel like I have to prove myself in ways I know I don't. I like to be able to say that I can run with the big dogs, even though I know it's not really that important. I've gotten a LOT better about it, but I see it rearing its ugly head every now and again.
6. I have a strange habit of doing things in multiples of threes - although sometimes eights. It really bothers me if I can't find three of the same color candies in my M&Ms or Skittles, and things like that. I've almost always been like this.
7. I pace when I talk on the phone. If you happen to see me doing this, check to see if I'm walking on a tiled floor. If so, watch the pattern I step in. 9 times out of 10, I will be moving the way a knight in chess moves. (3 up, 1 over)
1. Sarah from One Starry Night is awesome. She's got some of the coolest pictures and she's always posting helpful hints on how to run your blog better. She's also a really down to earth parent and she posts lots of stuff on attachment parenting. She's so relateable.
2. Taryn's Spirited Doula is an amazing resource for pregnancy and birth information. She keeps up with the latest news and helps keep her readers informed. As a birth doula, she writes her experiences in beautiful prose. I've never read birth stories from a perspective other than the mother's, but she does a wonderful job.
3. I'm saving this spot for my friend Kristine. Her blog is called Cora's Story and she is fighting for awareness of Congenital Heard Disease/Defect and working diligently to make the pulse oximetry test done just after birth mandatory in all hospitals. This test doesn't detect all CHDs but it does detect the worst of them. Her blog is temporarily down, but the moment it is back up I will post a link.
4. Andrea, owner of the Little Squigglers shop writes a blog on the side that deals with cloth diaper care, personal resolutions (like her personal boycott on Wal-Mart), and lots and lots of other stuff.
5. Our Life Upstate chronicles the life of a beautiful family and their journeys through adoption, breastfeeding, baby wearing, home schooling, cloth diapering, and hockey loving.
6. Amber at Strocel.com is such a cool mom. She's always got a funny story about what her kids are up to. I love reading how her family is growing and where they are going. She's also a member of BlogHer and I see her comments EVERYWHERE. I think that's what originally drew me to her site. She's great at sharing the love.
7. I just started reading Kristi at Live and Love Out Loud. I haven't read enough about her yet to post a bio, but I do know that I like what I've read and I hope to get to know her better through our blogs and Twitter.
6 years ago