Thursday, October 15, 2009

Updateless

Sorry I have not been around much lately. I am currently engrossed in my new hobby - crotcheting. I started, oh, about 3 or 4 weeks ago and have made quite a few things already. Well, I lie. I have completed only three things but have started several projects. The things I have completed include 2 hats and a small lap blanket for a baby. I have started 3 other blankets that I am working on. Gracie's blanket is made of really soft pink yarn and this thin, pretty mint green yarn. I have put that project on hold though because I can't find the soft pink yarn at Wal-Mart and won't be able to make it to the craft store for a while. Kairi's blanket is a project I think I might scrap and start over. I started it as yellow yarn, but the yarn is kind of coarse and it was the first project I started after learning so it looks kind of rough. I am also making a throw blanket for my couch. It is made with two different colors of this really soft, thick yarn that is going to be really pretty.

Also keeping me from posting is the new book I am reading. Most people don't know this about me, but I am a HUGE Dan Brown fan. Yes, I realize it's totally cliche, but I can't help it. I love the things I learn from his books. Currently I am a little more than halfway through his new one: The Lost Symbol. It's great. I'm loving it.

I have a few things that I am thinking about posting. Another blogger I read regularly posted a cute meme that I enjoyed and I thought about doing that. Gracie has discovered the movie The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking and I have rediscovered the scene where the kids run away. I remember the way that scene made me feel as a kid, despite the moral it tries to instill, and I was thinking about writing about that as well. But I will actually have to sit down and watch the whole movie before writing about it which will take a little more self discipline than I can put forth at the moment. :) We'll see what happens, but I am hoping to have some decent content within the next week or so.

Miss me til then! ;)