Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Taking Time Off.

I am a member of a few message boards. One of the boards is for women who have recently had babies and each mini-board is separated by months. One of the women from the December board had a baby battling a very rare, very aggressive form of cancer, a war that they sadly lost today.

In the course of my membership on the board I have read of other mothers who have lost their children. Angel Babies, they call them. I have not been around long enough to have known the mothers who lost their babies, so this is the first one I've seen (and hopefully, though doubtfully, the last.)

It's hitting me pretty hard, as it should. The loss of life is always tragic, especially in life so young. He was 7 months old, born December 2nd.

This loss is putting some things in perspective for me. I realize that I spend entirely too much time in front of the computer when I could be spending valuable time with my children. Life is too short and precious to waste the moments in between.

I will return in a few days with new posts, but I am going to take a break from the internet. There is going to be a candlelight vigil tomorrow night at 7 for baby Grant. If you have a second, please think of him and his family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with Grant and his family...

Anonymous said...

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would comment after reading this:

It's hard when life comes up short. I know how you feel. A good friend (at the time, she moved away and we don't really get to talk much) lost her 6 month old. It was hard on me because my friend called me everyday to share his firsts and we helped with brain storming things. He was the son I will never have. I love him.

This is way it's so important that October 15th gets remembered and becomes a special day nationally. Here is the link, I will be blogging about it when the time comes.

http://october15th.com/

Post a Comment