Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Evil Jungle Chicken Curry: Preface to an Attempt

Tonight I am stepping out of my comfort zone in the kitchen. I am attempting to make evil jungle chicken curry. The small town I live in doesn't have a market where I can get some of the ingredients, so I'm going to have to fudge some of it, but I'm pretty stoked about it.

When Sandra, Richard and I went to the Julia Nunes/Ben Kweller concert last month, we went to a Pad Thai restaurant and that's what I had. I don't know if the appetizers tainted my pallet or what, but it was gross. I brought it home anyway. The next day I was starving and not in the mood to cook, so I heated it up and reluctantly tried it again. And it was DELICIOUS. Kairi liked it too.

So I will be having Sandra over tonight to help me. She knows her way around the more obscure (to me) dishes much better than I do, so I am hoping this won't turn out to be a complete disaster.

I plan to update (possibly with pictures) later tonight or tomorrow. Keep watch for it. Whether it's delicious or a complete flop, it should, at the very least, be entertaining.