Thursday, November 18, 2010

Going to Tulsa

Thanksgiving is next week and I am so excited! This year is the first year that I will not be spending with my Gramma Charlotte and my Dad's side of the family. Instead, my family and I are driving to Tulsa to celebrate with my mom!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Gramma and my Dad's side of the family and I really enjoy spending holidays with them, but I have really missed my mom at the holidays. It's been a few years since I've gotten to eat her Thanksgiving dinner, so that is really exciting too! We're having turkey (duh), mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, broccoli and rice casserole (IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!), Rhodes hot rolls.... and whatever else we decide to throw together. Last year I decided to make sweet potatoes to take to my Gramma's along with my broccoli cheese, so I may do that again this year too.

While we're in Tulsa, I have big plans to try to find an Asian market so that I can buy some Thai tea. We don't have a Thai restaurant here in my town and I really freaking love Thai tea, so if I ever want to drink any, I'm going to have to make my own. So, if any of you guys have made it before and have any tips or suggestions, please let me know. So far, I'm just going by what the internet says and getting the tea, steeping it in water and adding sugar and condensed milk to it. If that's wrong or if you know a better way to make it, I'd love to hear it.

Also, we're going to let my mom babysit the girls while we go see Harry Potter!! Typically, we try to hit up the midnight showings of these types of movies, but Jason works nights and doesn't get home in time to get there. Plus we have to think about who on earth would watch our kids at that time of night! So for now, we're going to wait. I would much rather watch the movie a week after it's come out in a less packed, stadium seated theater than trying to elbow my way into a seat that is just the plain old boring movie theater. Yes, we have to wait, and it's going to kill me - especially with all my online friends going to see it.... NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!! - but I think I will make it.

Anyway, that's it for now. Sorry if this post has been more like a diary entry than an actual blog post... Just trying to get some thoughts out there. I'll be back with something more interesting next week, hopefully! Until then, enjoy your weekend, and if I'm not back before - Happy Thanksgiving!