Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Introductions...

I am so in love with my life right now. Things are just going wonderfully. I am happily married to the love of my life; we just celebrated 8 years together - I can't believe it! I have a beautiful, spunky 4 year old daughter named Gracie... This little girl changed my life in more ways than I think most kids can do for parents. But that's a truly long and difficult story to tell, which I may or may not go into later - but certainly not today.

I also have a sweet, laid back baby named Kairi (and for those of you who, like me, are from Oklahoma - the name "Kairi" is not pronounced similar to the name "Carrie" but more similar to the name "Kyrie" - It's Japanese, so look at it broken down like Kai-ri.... Sorry, I just already am having problems with people calling her Carrie when that clearly is not her name.) Kairi is probably the happiest baby I have ever seen. Gracie was pretty happy, and I thought the same thing about her, but Kairi rarely cries. It's just amazing to me.

We have two cats - Molly is my Siamese and is 6 years old. Kitty Cat is Gracie's cat (hence the name) and is about 2 years old.

We just moved into our dream (beginner) home a little over a year ago. This house belongs to my Aunt Kris, but used to belong to my Grandmother, and her mother before that. It's in a very family friendly area and is two blocks away from the school that Gracie will be attending this year.

Anyway, I'm sure I could have written most of this information in an "About Me" section of some sort so I could get right down to writing, but I think that this information is a little bit more important than a 500 character post could elaborate. And as I am not going to be posting any "real" bloggy-type posts today, I will leave you instead with another post - an essay I wrote a few months ago. Enjoy!

Photobucket