Monday, November 19, 2012

Charlotte

I want to write a little bit about some things I am thankful for this year, with one main focus in particular. Of course I am thankful for my family: my husband, my kids, my mother and father, aunts and uncles, cousins and so on. I'm also thankful for my friends who lift me up, for those who have dragged me down (for without them I never would have learned to climb on my own), for my job and my co-workers (seriously, I am SO thankful for them - they've become a second family in and of themselves), for my cat Kitty who is still with me and all the memories and love my Molly gave to me in her life. I am thankful for all the things, small and large, that have helped shape me as a person and helped me attain the life and point of view that I have today. But most of all, this year I am thankful for my Gramma Charlotte.

My Gramma Charlotte is probably the single most amazing person I've ever met. She is kind and generous, she is active and smart. She is emotional without being crazy about it, and incredibly empathetic. She has spent hours upon hours volunteering her time to our community. She writes letters to our congressmen when they are doing things she disagrees with, and you know what? I'm pretty sure she's written a few just to say attaboy as well. She also spends time writing letters to friends and family, which is something that I'd love to do. She has been the biggest role model in my life and I'm sure that I will probably continue to strive to be just like her long after she is gone.

I love my grandmother with all of my heart and I just wanted to share that with the world.