Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Random Musings Regarding Toilet Seats

Today, I came across a picture on Facebook regarding the toilet seat up vs. toilet seat down debate.


I'm not sure why, but every time this topic comes up, I get wound up. Personally, I would rather walk into a bathroom and find the toilet seat up than down. That way, I know that I'm not sitting on a seat that's been peed on. Spotting a seat that needs to be put down is a lot easier than locating random droplets on a seat that's been left down while in use by a certain husband who will remain unnamed... If I fall into the toilet because I didn't look, that's my fault. If I sit on a seat assuming that I'm safe from getting pee on my butt, well, let's just say someone's in trouble.

I'm always hearing people talking about equal rights for women, and while this issue is a mere drop in the bucket (pun totally intended) compared to the big picture, think of it this way: If men have to lift the seat, shouldn't we have to put it down? How's that for equal?